Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Blog 6: Subjects of my third semester!


Hi again! I hope you are all very well. This time I will talk about my favorite subject this semester. 

Adjusting the bracket once a day at noon collects all the sun rays ...This semester I have 6 branches: Principles of habitability and sustainability; Morphology, structure and materialization; Urban sustainability; English III; Culture of classical architecture; and finally Workshop III. But, workshop III started two weeks ago and it paused again so almost nothing worked on this topic. 

The other topics have helped me a lot and I think they will help me a lot due to the technical points that I will see in the projects. For example, thanks to the principles of urban habitability, I can calculate the direction of sunlight and other environmental factors and adapt my project to them. Also, thanks to the morphology and structure, I will be able to design resistant structures. 

My favorite subject and the one I liked the most is Culture of classical architecture. The teacher is very kind and concerned, he always asks us how we are doing and he respected the paralyzation as a career. I have also always liked the theme of ancient Greece and Rome. We have seen the architecture of this era and as it changes over time. I think it is interesting.


Ancient Greek architecture - Wikipedia
Greek Architecture
The 11 Most Impressive Buildings in Rome
Roman Architecture

6 comments:

  1. Evelyn, I love architecture and I greatly admire architecture students, because I always see them working very hard at the FAU, which subject is the most difficult you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vanessa, what you say is great! The subject that I like least is morphology and structure, we have to do many mathematical calculations.

      Delete
  2. Hi Evelyn! I also really like culture of classical architecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi eve-chan!

    I think that the "classical" of the architecture it's essential for understand the "contemporary" of the architecture. I wish you luck with worshop level III!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve-chan HAHAHAHA that's funny! Good luck to you too in the remainder of the semester my friend.

      Delete

Blog 8: My experience as a blogger